Sunday, March 28, 2010

Nobody looks after my chickens like I do

The seemed fit and well, and the newbies are showing lovely new feathers, but the eglus are horribly full of Poo. Dave said he'd cleaned them once whilst I was away, and I'm sure that's true. Trouble is, I arrived back last Sunday with a terrible cold. Slept all morning and went to bed early. Back to work next day to prepare for the trip to Barcelona and then off on Tuesday. So, I had no time to clean them out. I just cleaned them today and it took ages. Usually the plastic bars need a quick wipe down, but the mud was caked on. I think that they didn't get wiped at all during my absence. The poo trays were pretty grotty as well, but at least they're lined with newspaper. The real nasty was the nest box. I usually clean out the shredded paper ever 2 or 3 days. This paper was a solid mass, like glue. True, we had run out of shredded paper, but long straw would have done nicely.

Ah well, Nepal was good fun. Saw lots of chickens in lovely condition, as well as all the sights. Maybe I need to leave a timetable for cleaning the chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment