Saturday, January 24, 2015

Patchwork Quilted Cube Cover

Jogging bottoms gave up their life to save an eglu cube cover
Well, the weather finally warmed up enough for me to think about repairing the quilted eglu cover.

First I had to try it out inside next to the radiator. It didn't smell.....all that much :)

Next I needed to find some fabric to patch it with. This was much more difficult. I haven't done any sewing in earnest, as in making things, for quite a long time so I have no scraps. I ended up cutting a square out of the leg of some old jogging bottoms that I had used for painting white gloss work (and were therefore liberally bespattered with gloss paint).

I surprised myself by remembering actually how to sew and making what I think is a fairly good job of it

As you can see, there are still little mice chew holes on the green edging, and the fabric is cotton rather than the slightly water-repellent cube cover fabric. Nevertheless, I am very pleased with my efforts. Now at least I don't need to worry about the silver stuffing dropping out and flying all over the garden in the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment