Friday, February 5, 2010

Chicken pastime of foot climbing

Finally got names for the new hens. Bare bum is Butterly, the foot-climber is Flora and the other one with the slightly smaller comb but the most feathers is Margot.

I decided to try to work out what was going on with Flora the affectionate. Basically, as I take a step, she runs to that foot and climbs on top of it, then as I move the other leg, she scampers over to that one, stands in front of it until I have to put it down or step on her, and then climbs on that foot. And so on. I don't make a great deal of forward progress unless I lift my legs over the top of her.

Like a work out I guess. I'm sure it will do me good and, all this leg lifting. Or maybe she'll get over it.

They're all very people-centric now which is nice, following us all over. They don't seem to be having conflicts across the mesh with my original birds - so maybe when I introduce them together there won't be too much pecking order violence.

One can but hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment