Thursday, January 2, 2014

Maud and Nutmeg

I have just downloaded a blogger app to my iPad mini, so I hope to start posting more regularly to all my blogs. Once you have several, like when you have several twitter accounts, it becomes essential to have some way of switching quickly between them or you done use them. My wordpress app means that I blog readily to my work related wordpress blog Research Essentials. Hopefully this blogger app will redress the balance between that and my many blogger blogs.

Maud is not yet two years old. She was laying beautiful blue eggs up until March this year when she just stopped. Christmas she suddenly began laying again and already has laid 3 eggs! Wierd.

Nutmeat meanwhile must be at least 5 years old. She moulted recently, and I noticed her comb was looking very pale, as was Agatha, another recent moulter. I therefore started lacing their feed with poultry spice. It has been about a week and I have noticed a difference. Nutmeg is very much more red, tho still with some pale bits. I shall carry on.

Meanwhile, I'm a bit worried about Nutmeg. Although she is still behaving normally, her ears/cheeks seem swollen or sticking out. One side is worse than the other. I need to check my old photos of her to see if this is usual for her as I just don't remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment